We are Andretta and Aaqila...a mother and daughter duo with different viewpoints but the same goals toward optimal health. We are so glad you found us!
Our journey into the wellness world started many years ago with life-changing experiences!
I, Andretta, was fed up with diets, misdiagnosis and searching for alternative cures. After countless trips to the doctor and being told the way I was feeling was normal even when I knew that I felt off, being confused by so much misinformation on the internet and trying all kinds of products to heal and all kinds of methods I decided to take matters into my own hands. What you are seeing now is a bi-product of 20 years of research, results and life-changing holistic experiences that I look forward to sharing with you.
My story, Aaqila, is a little different. While I was equipped with the knowledge of living holistically and healthy thanks to my father who has been a herbalist for 30 years and my mom who is a wellness advocate and coach. I didn’t always practice a healthier lifestyle. Mainly because, well, food! I’m the type of person that knows better but hasn’t always done better with said knowledge. Now, I was able to skate with this way of being in my early 20’s but baby let me tell you; now being in my 30’s things, i.e. my body is a lot different. What I’ve come to understand is that getting a hold of a healthier lifestyle early on will afford you so much longevity in the long run. You can, in fact, have a balanced healthy lifestyle while still enjoying the food and things that you love. I wish there was a young woman around in my 20’s to guide me on a better path. And that is my mission with Brown Women Wellness.
Today, my daughter and I are proud to have built this health-conscious platform to bring change to the way brown women view themselves from the inside-out. A break from hair, lashes, booties and other superficial things the outside world sees and a look inside at what will make us have a healthier mindset about our bodies inside and out. We will explore all aspects of ourselves, emotionally, mentally and physically.
Andretta is a certified health coach and the voice of brown women all over the world. Aaqila brings a fresh view from a younger perspective taking you on her growth journey. This dynamic duo is dedicated to educating and bringing change, not frustration, bringing hope not despair, looking at life’s messy moments, doing something about life not just living it. This is what brings us to you!
Want to know what we believe?
- We believe that we don’t have to accept that as we age, our bodies have to fall apart.
- We believe we can make decisions on what is best for our bodies using cutting-edge science and nutrition to guide us.
- We believe we can take care of ourselves without giving our power away to our families, friends, co-workers, significant others and that we are beautiful and powerful from the inside out.
- We believe we have the right to heal from the inside out.
- We believe we have the right to stay informed and find alternative ways to be healthy in mind, body, and spirit.
- We understand what the body needs to heal.
- We have earned our birthright, we have carried our men and children on our shoulders lifting them up to e great and now it’s our turn to be great!
- We don’t believe it’s normal to feel flabby, foggy or fatigued.
- We can make informed decisions about our bodies and we do not have to give all our power away to professionals in the medical community.
- We deserve and have earned the right to age gracefully, unstressed, be healthy, live long fulfilled lives, look and feel the best we can be!
- We are not superwomen, we are brown women who stand together and with each other to empower each other daily, sharing information that will point us in the right direction.
- Finally, we are a sisterhood, here to learn and support each other as we navigate this thing called life, we stand in solidarity and heal in solidarity.
We are here to guide and cheerleader on this journey. Consider us to your voice of reason, your friend in your head with advice you need even when you don’t want to hear it.
Here are the steps!
- Find out what you need to get your optimal health, walk with us as with dive into the gangster that hijacks all our bodies. INFLAMMATION, take the quiz, find out how inflamed you are and what you need to do to get rid of it?
- Check out all our resources, anti-inflammation foods and habits, our blogs and coming soon our podcast. Join our Brown Women Wellness private facebook group and find us on Instagram.
- Sip on our special made herbal teas crafted with you in mind, sip slowly on the anti-inflammation and gut healing formulas to help you get in the right mindset of healing.
Welcome to your journey!
With all our love,